Holistic Doctor: a medical service that understands you
This service is delivered by qualified and experienced medical doctors who focus on whole-person care. Your Holistic Doctor will review your health and wellbeing and, working together with you, will create a personalised health plan.
Who is the Holistic Doctor service for?
This service is specifically designed for people who:
- are tired of feeling rushed in GP appointments
- feel frustrated at being offered ‘a pill for every ill’
- need a doctor who takes the time to listen and offers solutions which make sense to you
- are seeking a general review of their health and wellbeing
You may want to see the Holistic Doctor for the following health complaints
- Feeling tired all the time but don’t know why
- Common mental health problems such as stress, anxiety, depression, health anxiety
- Women’s health issues including PMT, fertility and menopause
- Men’s health issues including stress, prostate, vitality and sexual health
- Weight issues
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardio-vascular health problems
- Pain conditions including musculoskeletal problems
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / ME and Fibromyalgia
- Bowel health including IBS
- Medically unexplained physical symptoms (MUPS)
- Children with behavioural problems, including ADHD
- Children with autistic spectrum disorder
- Children with common complaints, e.g. allergies, recurrent infection, sleep disturbance, constipation, weight issues
What can you expect?
Your Holistic Doctor will support you on a journey and empower you to take charge of your own health and wellbeing, and will work alongside our associate therapy team to develop your personalised plan. This may include therapeutic interventions such as nutrition, craniosacral therapy, acupuncture, and homeopathy from the Portland Centre for Integrative Medicine (PCIM) Associate Therapy Team alongside a range of other interventions that may be offered across Bristol or close to where you live.
Your Holistic Doctor may also recommend herbal or homeopathic remedies without you needing to see additional therapists.
Initial consultations are 60 minutes long and from our experience of working with people in this way, it works well to have a shorter follow-up appointment to check in with your progress and refine treatment plans if necessary. We will work with you to agree what’s right for you – this can often involve making lifestyle changes with our support. PCIM also offers a range of wellbeing and healthy eating courses to support lifestyle change.
Please note: the range of treatments provided by the PCIM Associate Therapy Team is also available for you to book without using the Holistic Doctor route.
Our team of Holistic Doctors
We have three Holistic Doctors who work in our Bristol Clinic: Dr Elizabeth Thompson, Dr Duncan Still and Dr Kathy Drewett. See About Us page for more details.
Where is the Holistic Doctor service delivered?
Litfield House Medical Centre, 1 Litfield Place, Clifton, Bristol BS8 3LS
Make an appointment
Please call 0117 370 1875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
As a social enterprise we are keen to make all of our services accessible and this is reflected in our prices.
Appointments cost £120 initial consultation 60 minutes / £60 follow-up 30 minutes
**Special Summer Offer** – half price appointments for August and September: £60 / £30
The fees need to be paid before your appointment and can be paid by card, cheque, bank transfer or PayPal. Please speak to our enquiries team for details.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call as soon as you can so that we can offer your appointment to someone else on the waiting list.
If you cancel with more than 48 hours notice you will not be charged.
If you cancel an appointment for the first time with less than a 48 hours’ notice you will be charged 50% of the fee. If you subsequently cancel the rearranged appointment with less than 48 hours’ notice you will be charged at full price.
If no notice is given and you do not attend your appointment, you will be charged the full price.
The Holistic Doctor is not a diagnostic service – it is an advisory service with suggestions for self-care and management of health conditions. PCIM will advise on a range approaches that can support your health and wellbeing.
It’s our aim to use evidence informed approaches where possible. Anything we recommend should complement your conventional medical care. We advise all patients to let their medical team know about the PCIM treatment plan as well as always speaking to their GP about any health concerns.